If you love avocados (Fun Fact: it’s colloquially known as the “Alligator Pear”), you will love this simple and nutritious dessert or snack. If you are concerned about all the sugar in the sweetened condensed milk, you can use Splenda as a substitute. The avocado adds fiber and vitamin K, while the organic milk provides calcium and vitamin D.
- 1 large Haas avocado ~washed, peeled @ cut into chunks (save 1 thin slice as garnish)
- 8 ice cubes (mine are shaped like orange wedges)
- 4 TB sweetened condensed milk
- organic whole milk
- organic raspberries (optional)
- Put the avocado, condensed milk, and ice cubes in a 16-ounce magic bullet cup. Pour enough milk over these ingredients to cover them.
- Blend until smooth. Be sure to mix it up every so often, as the avocado tends to stick to the bottom or sides.
- Serve in a fancy glass & garnish with some raspberries (adds a nice tart flavor) and/or avocado slices.